#IssaEATS: The Stockpile @ Ortigas

You've probably seen me around Eastwood or BGC, either just walking around or looking for the next best place to eat.

But as much as I consider these home, it ends up with me knowing what to order and where. I bumped into a friend who agrees- Once you've tried everything in one area, it leaves nothing unexpected. And I needed a breather from what I was used to, especially since my boyfriend went back home and I'm stuck here figuring out where to go next.


Then I tried The Stockpile!

The Stockpile is located in Sapphire Road, Ortigas, just across Strata 2000 (which is where RX 93.1 is!), so it's perfect for me to just walk if I'm hankering for some good food and drinks.


I liked its variety of seat options, either going for the couch if you're a group of people, the seats by the window for a solo meal, or smack dab in the center if you're on a date or looking for the best angle to watch some TV!


Another fantastic thing about The Stockpile is that they have a TON of promos and events lined up- From Happy Hours, Quiz Nights, and even live music from time to time. The resto doesn't only target one specific market (though it's technically a cool pub), but you can find a variety of meals and drinks catering to friends, employees, families, and dates.

And with their new dishes coming up, you're not gonna run out of options! We had a TON of food lined up for us, that's for sure.

Appetizers


We started off with the Crispy BACALAO Empanadas (180 PHP), a new starter! The pastry was crispy and cooked well. I do wish there was a bit more stuffing in there, though!


The Stockpile Fries with Truffle Aioli (280 PHP) was definitely a hit for all of us. I just kept coming back for more because of the truffle aioli dip (I'm a huge fan of anything truffle, thanks to Phillip!).


I also kept coming back for the Salted Egg Fried Baby Squid (295 PHP), which came with squid ink aioli. I recommend you put in the squeeze of lemon around the squid or dip, as it's quite salty when eaten alone.


Not a lot of people might appreciate the Callos con Garbanzos (390 PHP), but I surely did! As someone who LOVED tripe, this was a whole lot of meat in a delicious stew. Sauce not too thick and just the right amount of spice.

Squid Ink Pasta with Seafood in Cream


The Squid Ink Pasta with Seafood in Cream (385 PHP) was surprisingly well-balanced. The mix of seafood and cream works well, as it wasn't too rich but still packed with flavor. However, I do wish they tossed the squid ink pasta noodles with a bit of olive oil, as it stuck together.

6-Hour Slow Roast Porchetta Sandwich


The 6-Hour Slow Roast Porchetta Sandwich (310 PHP) is one of their new dishes. It's a huge sandwich (good for two, honestly!) with delicious porchetta and garlic aioli. The bread was crunchy yet soft, the garlic aioli pairing with the slow roast porchetta. I do wish the meat was a bit more tender, but other than that, I enjoyed this.

Mains

I love all the dishes served under the main course because they're good for at least two hungry people!


Unlike other porchetta I've had, the 6-Hour Slow Roast Porchetta (520 PHP) was one of the most tender and juicy ones. Melt-in-your-mouth goodness that paired well with the rice and gravy.


The Pan Roasted 24-Hour Brined Double Cut Porkchop with mashed potato (540 PHP) was such a treat. I was gawking at how huge the cut was! Put together, it's a ton of savory toned down with its own sauce.


The Steak and Fries (795 PHP) was probably one of the highlights during our dinner. It was cooked medium rare and oh, so tender. I couldn't get enough of it!

Drinks


A scrumptious dinner isn't complete without a few drinks to enjoy with friends! Whether you need something to pair your meals with or wanna have fun, The Stockpile has got a variety of drinks to choose from.


My new favorite has got to be the Soju + Yakult (599 PHP)! I know this was a thing for quite some time now, but I never really got the chance (or interest, tbh) to try it out. Once I did, I was hooked. Since the last time I conked out, I shudder at the thought of alcohol. But this drink tastes just like Yakult with a tiny bit of punch to it! I've a feeling traydor ito, cause I can drink an entire pitcher without flinching.


My next favorite is obviously something spicy, with the Chili Cilantro Mojito (310 PHP) putting a whole different twist to my usual cocktail choice. It's refreshingly sweet but hella spicy, I couldn't take another sip without gulping down water (at least no more complaints about a hangover!).

Would I Go Back?

Do I see myself drinking an entire liter of Soju + Yakult while enjoying live 90s rock music? Can I finish an entire order of porchetta? Hell yes!

The Stockpile is walkable (this is one thing I forget about Ortigas), has amazing service, a ton of food for sharing, and unique drinks I can find myself trying out soon.

While there are minor things to improve on in terms of food, I was overall pleased and definitely satisfied with my night out.

The Stockpile

Address: Sapphire Rd, Ortigas Center, Pasig City
Contact Number: 0927-507-2795


Where to next? You tell me! Let me know what you want me to try out next in the comment section. Or hey, let's try some dishes out together and explore! :-)

Comments

Popular Posts