#IssaEATS: Charlie's Grind & Grill @ QC!

I was first introduced to Charlie's Grind and Grill by my tito, which was probably one of the first times I've had a legit burger besides the usual McDonald's cheeseburgers. Obviously, I was hooked! Unfortunately, the branch I usually went to (Greenhills) is now closed and the Kapitolyo branch is still under construction. 


But that's when I found out Charlie's had another branch in QC, relatively near me!

While the place isn't very spacious first glance, you'll appreciate how they maximized their space. With its bright interiors and cool designs, the restaurant is pleasing to both eye and taste!


We tried all their bestselling burgers, much to my delight. And let me tell you, they were all delicious!


Who wouldn't appreciate juicy and well-done burgers packed with vegetables and a variety of different toppings? It reminded me of when I first tried out their burgers ten years ago when Charlie's was still new (God, I feel old!). Their burgers and wings haven't changed.

The Best Burgers


My personal favorite is the Double Black Angus Cheeseburger with Shrooms (455 PHP). See that fried patty between the burger and vegetables? That's stuffed with cheese and portabello mushrooms, having that slight earthy taste combined with all the cheesy savoriness anyone will appreciate!


The Bacon Wagyu Cheeseburger (275 PHP) is another delicious choice! Though I hate bacon (I don't apologize for my unpopular food opinions), I enjoyed each bite and can now say my love for bacon cheeseburgers is coming back.


If you're looking for the perfect cheat meal and ready to get your hands messy, then go for the Sloppy Burger (270-280 PHP). On top of the juicy patty is a generous serving of chili con carne, jalapenos, and onions. As a finishing touch, you have cheddar, a fried egg, and sour cream drizzled all over it. Definitely good for sharing or for one hungry person like me!

The Best Wings


Obviously, my favorite is the classic HOT wings (295 PHP for half dozen). Though not spicy (to my standards, I've high tolerance to spice!), you can never beat buffalo sauce dipped in sour cream.



Don't have the spice tolerance? Then go for their Garlic Parmesan or Reversed Buffalo Wings (both 355 PHP for half dozen), which are equally as good!

The Best Fries

According to my burger experts (aka my dad and sister), you can never have a burger without a set of fries! And they're right. Even if I was up to the brim from all the cheeseburgers, fries are one of the perfect pairings to go with it.


My obvious favorite is the Chili and Cheese Fries (175 PHP), which is an affordable choice because of its generous amount of chili and cheese! None of the fries remain uncovered with chili and you definitely feel the heat after each bite!


Like what I said, you can never beat the classic. That's why my second favorite goes to the House Fries (205 PHP), which is topped with a generous amount of cheese.


If you want something not heavy on the sauce (but still heavy enough to fill you up), then the Black Truffle Fries (220 PHP) are good. It has chopped chicken liver in it as well, which is interesting and actually a good combination (not for those who dislike liver, though!).

What Else Does Charlie's Have to Offer?

While the QC branch doesn't offer desserts, they have a wide array of drinks (including alcoholic!) to choose from, as well as other dishes if you're not hankering for burgers and wings (but why wouldn't you be?!).


Craving for pasta? Their Meatballs on Pasta (340 PHP) tastes simple and fills you up because of all those meatballs! It's good to share, honestly.


If you feel like you can't finish a burger or can't commit to the mess (get ready to eat messily if you choose burgers. Don't worry, they have gloves you can use!), then I recommend their Charlie's Chicago (190 PHP). Smoky snapdawg filled with all the toppings, this is best enjoyed with their Chili and Cheese Fries!

My Verdict


After such a gastronomic experience, I'm impressed. Though it's been such a long time since I've had their burgers and fries, Charlie's Grind and Grill did not disappoint. While it's a bit pricey for what I usually pay for when ordering burgers, it's well worth its price for quality ingredients and cooking.


Will I come back? Yes, definitely. As long as someone's paying for me (JK 1/2). I'll be coming back or having it delivered for my dad and sister to enjoy again! They're the ones you have to talk to when it comes to burgers. I'm more for Asian cuisine. ;)

Charlie's Grind and Grill


Address: 28 Sgt. Esguerra Ave, Diliman, Quezon City, Metro Manila
Contact Number: 0917 709 6861

Comments

Popular Posts