#IssaEATS: Nonna's @ Robinson's Galleria!

Ever since I got back from Singapore, the only things I've been doing was either meeting people, working, or sleeping. Some days, I would be living on coffee and eat my own words because I almost never had the time (except when it comes to bagnet because bagnet is life!).


But now, that's changed. Again. It's a constant cycle where I spend two weeks of the month galavanting and the rest of it deep into work and serious matters. It's crazy! Now that June's here, I made time to write a quick food review about this delicious Italian place right in Robinson's Magnolia. Without further ado, I present to you: Nonna's!


Nonna stands for grandmother in Italian, which is exactly the reason why it's named so: It's the sister (or let's say grandmother) branch of Mama Lou's! Serving up fresh Italian dishes with a bit of a twist, here are some of my favorites I absolutely need to mention:


This is their Arugula with Burrata Salad (450 PHP). Now, mind you, you won't usually find me munching on raw greens unless absolutely starving (and if those raw greens were loaded with creamy dressing). However, with this salad, it didn't only catch my eyes but stomach as well!


I mean, LOOK AT THAT CHEESE. I'm pretty sure of all the dishes served, I had the most of this. Purely because of the cheese. And alright, I've got to admit that this salad was really unique in a good way. You've got the sweetness from grapes, slightly tart flavors from the apple slices, and a hint of nuttiness from the cashews. With sharp flavors of quality burrata cheese and the bitterness of fresh arugula, I can say this is a salad worth eating again and again (I can't believe I said so much about a salad!). 


Three-Cheese Ravioli (250 PHP) is surprisingly affordable but without the chefs scrimping on... Yes, the cheese. Each bite is an explosion of sharp flavors balanced with the tomato sauce. It's another personal favorite of mine because... Well, I just love me some good cheese.


The Salted Egg Tagliatelle (265 PHP) is another personal favorite because of its richness. You can definitely taste the salted egg but it complements well with its cream-based sauce. It doesn't overpower. But I recommend you share this dish because I couldn't handle it alone!


All I can say about this Smoked Salmon and Caviar Pizza (450 PHP) is that... It's sosi. And you're getting worth more than it's price. You have a good serving of smoked salmon, caviar, and cheese here.



Nonna's Special Pizza (450 PHP), though a bit on the plain side, is still loved because like the Arugula with Burrata Salad, look at that cheese! I'm sure you know I love me some good burrata cheese. It's a bit messy since you have to spread the cheese out, but worth it (and I made sure I got more cheese than everyone #SorryNotSorry). They drizzle it in pesto and pomodoro sauce to avoid the cheese from being too overwhelming. 10/10 would eat again, though.


Believe it or not, this is a Hawaiian Pizza (355 PHP). It's so much more different than the usual, made with prosciutto ham and jalapeno. And of course, we can't forget those FRESH pineapples. It works so well together. Even those who aren't appreciative of pineapples on pizza (how DARE you?!) will want to try it out.


Last but not the least, we have dessert, which is a Lemon Meringue Sandwich (180 PHP). It's a bit messy because it's extremely creamy inside, but it's a mess worth making. Very indulgent and sweet with a zing of lemon. Worth sharing with one or two others because it's pretty sweet!


Would I go back to Nonna's? Sure! When I'm back in Ortigas craving for some quality pasta and pizza, Nonna's is a new go-to place. With bright interiors, delicious authentic Italian dishes, and prices that don't empty my wallet (the most surprising part!), I wouldn't only come back. I would recommend it again and again.


Nonna's Pasta & Pizzeria
Address: Level 3, Robinsons Place Galleria
Contact: 0949 889 8959

Comments

Popular Posts