#IssaEATS: South Pub @ Filinvest City, Alabang!

Being a south girl for the first 18 years of my life, I've frequented Alabang a ton during the weekends. With good food and quiet surroundings, it's the perfect place for brunch with the family! But I transitioned to the north (no regrets), rarely going back to Town or Festival Mall for their good eats. And I know a small part of me missed going back to a place I once called home.


And last March 17, I finally had the chance to visit Alabang again, this time checking out the South Pub!


When we entered South Pub, I was impressed with its relaxing atmosphere. It's nice having a restaurant where you can either have a romantic dinner with your partner, drinks with friends, or lunch with family! The area is spacious with both indoor and outdoor seating available, so it's great when the place gets packed during the weekend.


Nachos (270 PHP) were served first, the crowd favorite. As a nacho lover, this is now definitely on my top five because of two things: Its flour tortilla chips and the fact that the cheese and toppings were spread evenly, which is a huge plus because I HATE plain nachos under all the cheesy goodness!


The Pulmones De Cerdo (220 PHP) is another appetizer which can actually be served as a delicious viand. It certainly isn't everyone's cup of tea but being someone who loves bopis, the braised pork lungs was delicious and spicy, just the way I like it! 


The Allison (350 PHP) was another delectable dish, a sandwich combining two of my most favorite foods: CHEESE and SISIG! It's crunchy and bursting with flavor, not too salty and the perfect level of savory especially when you dip it into the creamy tomato soup it comes with.


For St. Patrick's Day, South Pub introduced a few special starters and entrees for the month of March (I regret not posting this sooner!). I got to try their Bangers and Mash (340 PHP), which consists of grilled homemade pork sausage, mashed potatoes, and onion gravy. I love how the sausage wasn't too salty and that the potatoes had a bit of texture to it, knowing that it isn't just made out of the powdered stuff many restaurants served. 


Another St. Patrick's special was their Green Beer, which is made with the Molson Triple X Beer. It wasn't too strong and I was amused by its color (there should be a pink or purple one for me!).


And to cap it off, a delicious sangria made of white wine. It also has orange juice, calamansi, Jameson Irish Whiskey, and OJ. It's both sweet and strong, definitely a must-try!

Address: 2F Commercenter Building, Commerce Avenue, Filinvest City, Alabang

Contact number: (02)-817-8720

It was a nice dining experience after how many years of staying in the middle of Metro Manila. Maybe I'll come back to check out more of what the south has to offer!

Love, Issa.

Comments

Popular Posts