#IssaEats: The Fat Seed @ UP Town Center!

The FIRST thing I do before I head on to a mall is to search for the best places where I can work in. A hungry girl's gotta work for her coffee!


In UP Town Center, I'm no longer outlet-hunting in mainstream cafes or donut shops. This time, the next destination is The Fat Seed.
Entering The Fat Seed, you're welcomed with the natural ambiance that makes it conducive to work or catching up with your close friends. With a ton of tables, you'll be able to find a spot easily without having to wait until another clears up.


The first thing I notice about the place wasn't the amazing artwork painted on the walls (though it really is an eye-catcher!) but the abundance of outlets and its openness that makes it open for ANYONE. Here for a quick drink? The counters are open for you. Want dinner with your family? There are tables good for groups. Need to study? There are tables near outlets and are well-lit when you need the extra lightbulb ideas (or to read/cram for your next test).


Everything about this place is warm as it is artistic, making you feel at home but with the inspiration to work!


The best thing I love about the place is that they don't only serve coffee and the usual pastries. They also come up with delicious dishes for an amazing dining experience while you study (get those brain cells pumping with good food!). Here are my top picks on what you should order:

1. Mushroom Fritters (175 PHP)

You HAVE to try out their Mushroom Fritters! These deep-fried oyster mushrooms are a great snack or appetizer, salty and perfect with ketchup. I kept coming back for more of this. It's crunchy, savory, and big enough for two to three people (aka one hungry Issa).

2. Buttermilk Fried Chicken with Ube Waffle in Salted Egg Sauce (325 PHP)

This is my absolute favorite! I love me some chicken and waffles and this dish doesn't disappoint. Crunchy and perfectly cooked buttermilk fried chicken paired with sweet ube waffles, who wouldn't want it? It reminds me of Christmas on a plate! These fluffy waffles taste better when paired with their bacon-infused maple syrup and salted egg sauce. I won't judge you if you have this not just for breakfast but for lunch, dinner, or as a snack.

3. Hotate Soy Cream Pasta (385 PHP)

The Hotate pasta is another favorite of mine, a comfort food that can get you through whatever deadline you have to meet. It's the rich and slightly spicy flavors of this creamy noodle dish that makes it another favorite of mine.


4. Coffee Cubes (145 PHP)

I love the Coffee Cubes because there's no worry about your ice melting and diluting your drink. The coffee IS the ice! I also like that you are able to be the one to add your preferred amount of milk and syrup for desired taste. Sweet, creamy, and not too strong, it's a good energizer.

5. Rojito (200-250 PHP)

Now, this is a huge plus for me because there are days where I just HAVE to have a good drink while I work. The Rojito (red mojito), is an excellent choice if you want something that isn't too strong but has the perfect balance of tartness and a tangy, sweet flavor I appreciate. It's a new drink, so expect it on the menu anytime soon!


With a ton of outlets, wifi, comfortable environment, and excellent staff, The Fat Seed is a great place to dine in. They put the twist to many cafes around Metro Manila with their abundance of delicious food and drinks. I would definitely come back.

The Fat Seed

Address: G/F UP Town Center, Katipunan Avenue, Quezon City
Contact Number: (02) 936 2113

Comments

Popular Posts