Buddha-Bar Manila's Christmas Tree Lighting Event!

If there's one thing I learned after 21 years in the Philippines, it's that Christmas is NEVER too early (or is it just my family?). I'm pretty hyped about it, especially when it comes to seeing the amazing lights all around Manila! And Buddha-Bar Manila's Christmas Tree is definitely one to witness.


But before all that, who is behind Buddha-Bar Manila? It's the brainchild of Raymond Visan, the owner of the famous Barfly in Paris. For more than 21 years, this resto-bar has expanded and is now found in 25 countries and key cities worldwide, from Budapest, Manila, Paris, London, and Moscow, to name a few.


Buddha-Bar Manila was established in 2012, setting the standard for sophisticated dining. They offer delicious Modern Asian cuisine mixed with a bit Western flavors, with their dishes changing every few months to satisfy our curious palates.

Now, on to the Christmas Tree Lighting! This isn't only in celebration of the most-awaited holiday, but also to prepare for their 6th anniversary this February 2018!


Before the event, we were welcomed with Sangrias and Cream Cheese Canapes. Then, the Spicy Beef Rolls came next, which became my new favorite! 


They also rolled out their Tuna Teriyaki and New Style California Roll (get the pun? No? Ok), Barbecue Skewers, and the Buddha Bar Chicken Salad. But their winner was their noodles, which tasted like a mix of Vietnamese and Thai cuisine with a subtle spice. I got more than one serving of it because it's just. That. Good!


After a delicious meal, we witnessed the amazing six-tier red and gold pagoda lit up. I wowed when I first saw it when entering the restaurant, but once the lights began to shine, so did my Christmas spirit! Even passersby and cars slowed down to take a few snaps and admire the enchanting tree.


A glamorous start to the Christmas season indeed. With their breathtaking interiors (black, red, and gold- such an intimate place to dine in. But I had a difficult time taking photos with just my darn phone, my apologies!) and spacious area, I'm sure anyone will have an excellent dining experience here this Christmas. And if you're interested in hosting a party, then you'll be glad to know that they can seat up to 800 pax! While I'm not planning to host a party anytime soon (I need friends first, JK), I hope to come back to Buddha-Bar Manila before the year ends.

Merry Christmas, everyone!

Comments

Popular Posts