#IssaEATS: Aozora @ Tagaytay!

On to the last part of our Tagaytay trip: Lunch at Aozora! If you knew me well enough, you'd know that I am in LOVE with Japanese food, especially anything sushi! And Aozora did not disappoint, as they rolled out a ton of amazing eats. Spoiler: My favorite is their tuna avocado salad!



When you enter Aozora, you are welcomed with friendly staff and a well-lit area, with its designed inspired by a Japanese room. You'll love the privacy of the place, perfect for intimate gatherings and dates when out of town.


We started off with the appetizers.  The Tuna Avocado Salad (290 PHP) is seasonal. It's also my favorite, as the mix of both tuna and avocado blend well with its special sauce. A healthy and filling salad to share!


The Aozora Salad (310 PHP) is also another favorite. I love its crunch, though the sweetness of the corn is a bit out of place.


The Dragon Maki (350 PHP) was the first of many sushi selections, and I really loved its presentation. The rest of their sushi selection had the rich flavors to it that made it a filling meal.


Mixed Sashimi (510 PHP)


Tuna Nigiri Sushi (120 PHP)


Salmon Sashimi (290 PHP)


Spicy Tuna Maki (260 PHP)



One of my favorites was their Sukiyaki (590 PHP), which is good for two. Perfect texture and balance of savory and sweet flavors. 



Their Beef Ramen (320 PHP) was very interesting, as it is a combination of both Filipino and Japanese cuisine. While I do love bulalo, I would rather leave the delectable Filipino beef soup as is. But it was a very interesting dish to try!



You can never go wrong with Tempura (420 PHP for five)! Perfectly crunchy and the right amount of breading, the well-cooked shrimp goes well with its sauces.


Their Chicken Teriyaki (260 PHP) is exactly how they make it in one of my favorite Japanese restaurants as a child, and I could eat it all with their gohan!


The other dishes they rolled out were the Mixed Seafood Teppanyaki (490 PHP) and Tonkatsu (290 PHP), good for two to three people.


And for dessert, their Tempura Ice Cream (250 PHP). Basically, it's a fried ice cream that's both crunchy and soft. Sweet and a bit salty from the batter, I can say that it's a new favorite of mine (Though as an ice cream lover, I'm pretty biased, LOL).

Overall, a wonderful experience! I'll be recommending this place next time my family and I are looking for places to eat in Tagaytay. :p

Aozora Japanese Cafe Bistro
Address: Tagaytay - Nasugbu Hwy, Tagaytay, Cavite
Phone: 0936 980 9656
Facebook Page: Aozora Japanese Cafe + Bistro

Comments

Popular Posts