#ISSAeats: Paradise Dynasty @ S Maison, Conrad Manila!

I was invited to dine with fellow bloggers in Paradise Dynasty, found at the new S Maison Mall near Mall of Asia.

Upon entering Paradise Dynasty, I was welcomed by accommodating staff and a beautiful interior. All I can say: Fancy! It's well-designed and comes with a nice view of Manila Bay. Lucky we got there during a good day, as the lighting was just perfect. 


They had wide rounded tables, perfect for sharing dishes with the family. They also have small tables for couples and booths for comfort.








We started off with the Water Chestnut Drink (80 PHP), which was sweetened iced tea. Loved it! Lightly sweetened and just right.


Then came the Specialty Xiao Long Bao, coming in eight different flavors (388 PHP for all 8 flavors). What I tried were the: Original (188 PHP for 6 pcs/298 PHP for 10 pcs), Cheese (230 PHP for 6 pcs/380 PHP for 10 pcs), Black Truffle (330 PHP for 6 pcs/540 PHP for 10 pcs), Crab Roe (230 PHP for 6 pcs/380 PHP for 10 pcs), and Foie Gras (330 PHP for 6 pcs/540 PHP for 10 pcs).


They all had that burst of flavor when I ate it! Yes, I ate it whole rather than to sip the soup, LOL. I can say that my two favorites would be the cheese (because cheese), and Foie Gras for its quality. It's silky and sort of melts in your mouth. Buttery, but not too rich, where you can taste both the soup and filling.







We also had the Radish Pastry (138 PHP), which was delicious! I was surprised at the savoriness when I bit into it, though, since I expected it to be sweet. Nonetheless, I liked how crunchy it was with a lot of filling. A bit too oily, though. I think they just got it out without patting it down.








The Pork Dumpling with Hot Chili Vinigarette (168 PHP) had a good twang to it. It was spicy, but not very overpowering. It was well-cooked and I liked the balance of spicy and sour.







We had double-boiled chicken soup (198 PHP), which wasn't very… Memorable in terms of taste. It kind of reminded me of chicken tinola, though with very well-cooked and tender chicken.










The Steamed Glutinous Rice Stuffed in Red Dates (230 PHP) were a bit surprising. It may be there to sort of help improve our palates before the next dish? I could taste a bit of sweetness from the dates, though the consistency and sort-of-blandness from the glutinous rice took over. Not something I would order, as it seems like I would be choking on it a bit (knowing me).


Their Lettuce Roll with Home Made Sesame Sauce (180 PHP) was delicious! Whether alone or with the sauce, I could eat them all day (though I only had two or three, saving more room!). Crunchy and goes well with their sesame sauce, which had good consistency and flavor, not too thick, but not watery either.


Their Chilled Slice Pork with Minced Garlic and Soya Sauce (230 PHP) was a bit too oily. They added a lot of chili sauce and underneath was a pool of oil. The ham itself was good, but I was just surprised that it wasn't spicy at all, despite all that chili!







One of the highlights would be the Stir-fried Shredded Pork in Black Bean Sauce (288 PHP). It came with Chinese Crepes, and I liked that you had to make your own wrap. The shredded pork itself had a sweet flavor to it, and it matched with the onion leeks found underneath all that shredded pork. 









Another favorite of mine would be the Deep-fried Garlic Pork Ribs (338 PHP). Has a good crunch and the right amount of breading. Plus, lean meat and little fat, making it more flavorful and nice to eat.


The Stir-fried River shrimps in Garden Greens (488 PHP) were amusing as they were good. I love how it sort of pops in your mouth when you chew it! 


Their Scrambled Egg White with Fish and Conpoy (328 PHP) tasted a bit like arroz cal do with a twist. I love the consistency and how the egg hold complements the fish (Tip: Don't mix it in with the egg whites and fish and just drizzle it around!)


Their Szechuan Beef in Chili Oil (688 PHP) was said to be mild, but from the red faces, we can say that it isn't. But that doesn't make it a bad thing! Make sure you order it less spicy. The beef itself was tender and delicious, with the spices and vegetables going well together. The soup itself was the spiciest of them all!


Their Spicy Szechuan Crispy Chicken (298 PHP) was a bit overloaded with chili and peanuts than chicken itself. I liked the crunch and that there is more meat than breading. 


Their Shanghai Fried Rice (238 PHP) was VERY good. All the savory flavors rolled into one.

Last main dish was their La Mian with Scallion (200 PHP - No photos, sorry!). It's dry noodles but comes with soup for those who prefer it. But I like it better without the soup. Nice taste and well-cooked noodles. 

On to the desserts! 









Pan-fried Pancake with Red Bean Paste (168 PHP) reminds me of a Chinese version of a fig bar. The taste of that and their Glutinous Rice Ball (138 PHP) is similar. The former has a nice crunch to it, while the latter is perfectly soft and gooey when biting into it. Plus, the bean paste complements the palate after a heavy Chinese meal!


My favorite of the three desserts presented would be the Chilled Glutinous Rice Roll with Red Bean Paste (128 PHP). It tastes similar to their Rice Balls, but is a bit sweeter and heavier, if that makes sense!


All in all, I had a wonderful time in Paradise Dynasty! I'm surprised as to how affordable it is, considering everything, from the location, ambiance, staff, and food! They have quality dishes in good portions (each are good for 2-3 people!) and am very interested to go back for the Sweet and Sour Pork. You'll definitely see me again when in need of Chinese food. If only you weren't all the way south, though! :p

You can find Paradise Dynasty at Conrad Manila, Pasay. Very near the SM Ice Skating Rink and MOA. You may contact them at (02) 833-9999 for reservations. Take note that their kitchen is closed closed from 3-6PM!

Comments

Popular Posts