#IssaEATS: Halal Kabab Express @ Eastwood City, QC

One of the perks of living in Eastwood is having at least a hundred choices of what to eat and where. And with the new places opening, it gives me more chances to try out new things! Since I've been craving for Middle Eastern food since forever (I'm obsessed with shawarma!), I was excited to try out the new Halal Kabab Express branch here in QC.

Halal Kabab Express is a halal-friendly restaurant with various branches around Metro Manila, starting from Katipunan (I actually made a food review for their The Yard branch less than two years ago!).

Choose between the Beef Naan Wrap, Chicken Naan Wrap, Persian Chicken Shawarma (110 PHP each for two pieces), which are filling enough for those who want a snack or are on-the-go!


Chicken Biryani & Basmati Rice (260 PHP) is pretty good, but I can't say it's worth the price. I like the basmati rice a LOT, though the chicken lacks seasoning and is quite dry.

Keema Tatali (149 PHP) is a personal favorite of mine, as I like its consistency and the mix of different spices that blend well together. Also, unlike the Chicken Biryani and Chicken Chelo Kabab, it isn't as dry!

Chicken Chelo Kabab (149 PHP) is a hit-and-miss, though I enjoyed it because of its huge portion of both kababs and fragrant rice. However, I do wish that they added more marinade to the kabab instead of depending on the sauces that come with it (both yogurt and hot sauces).

Lassi is a delicious and refreshing yogurt-based drink, and you can choose between three flavors: plain, rosewater, and mango (70 PHP each). I prefer the plain flavor overall, as it has the balanced sweet and savoriness to it. Plus, I love yogurt-based drinks!

What Do I Think?


You don't see a lot of Middle Eastern restaurants around Eastwood, with the closest being shawarma stalls. That's why Halal Kabab Express is a good choice for those craving without the hassle of eating while they walk. Priced affordably and with a variety of dishes to choose from, you're able to get your fix without killing your wallet.

They do have a few things to improve on, but all in all, I can say it's a solid 7/10. It passes expectations, but you've got buy one get one shawarma AND buy one get one chelo kabab shawarma thanks to Booky so it's worth a visit at least once. Plus, they have huge portions good for two people, which is why you get your money's worth.

Halal Kabab Express

Address: Lower Ground Floor, Le Grand Tower 1, Eastwood City, Libis, QC
Store Hours: 11am-10pm

Comments

Popular Posts